Pork and Beef in the Offset

• Well at home sick with a throat infection so couldn't march for my grandfather as I usually do, so thought I'd crank up the offset (finally ) !!! Here's a few pics :
    smoking away here
    to have it sitting on 220f and then it spirits when I add flavouring this is all I need in the way off coals smoke
    pork and beef spare rib couldn't find anything else
    temp holding steady !!
    Think I'm gonna crack a beer soon I'll keep u all updated how it turns out

Thx again for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• The above post was moved from the Welcome section.

Good to see that it's fired up. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Think it went ok for 1st time .... had to manage heat/smoke through out with coals wood and flavor wood etc ... pork ribs were great need to baste a little more towards the end though .... beef ribs needed longer imo but still good .... used just salt & pepper on beef and for pork : onion powder, garlic powder ,ginger powder ,Rosemary . Salt n pepper paprika brown sugar chilli cumin parsley . Sauce was a tomato sauce /sweet baby ray mix . Few finish pics :

• Great job mate! Ya gonna love the beef shorties (plates) when ya get hold of them!

Same time frame /temp as the pork ? 250 ish 6hrs ?

On a different note what brisket do I need to buy for a brisket smoke up ? And what temp heat u use for that ?

Cheers mate

• head down to costco for a brisket, usually have a bunch of them.

Any temp between 225f and 275f is good. Cook until it probes like a hot knife through butter. Then wrap and in to the esky with some towels. Will hold temp for hours.

A big piece of chuck or blade is also great. Chuck is more forgiving.

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• Same time frame /temp as the pork ? 250 ish 6hrs ?

On a different note what brisket do I need to buy for a brisket smoke up ? And what temp heat u use for that ?

Cheers mate

At that temp allow between 6 and 10 hours depending on size mate

I wonder how many times this, or words to this effect, have been used on these forums. :D

Bazillions :)

Pro Smoke offset

Heeler Tejas Q

• Thx again for all the info fellas I can see this is going to get bigger and bigger this whole smoking hobbie !! Gonna do a brisket ,beef shorties and wings cook up next with some corn bread and collard greens
    stay tuned

• head down to costco for a brisket, usually have a bunch of them.

Any temp between 225f and 275f is good. Cook until it probes like a hot knife through butter. Then wrap and in to the esky with some towels. Will hold temp for hours.

A big piece of chuck or blade is also great. Chuck is more forgiving.

As in a blade roast like this ? I also grabbed 2 of the beef shorties in the pic down the bottom to try

• Blade roast is vastly different to brisket, Coles Ellenbrook does not sell brisket, but some Coles have started to sell them, people on here have cooked them with mixed results, you might want to find a proper butcher from where you can buy whole briskets.

If you are in Perth you can check out Avon Valley Beef or The Beef Shed, they sell "American Style Briskets" for around $10 - 11 per kilo, these are good for practising on and then you can move on to the higher quality stuff once you are more confident with cooking brisket.

Smite The Shepherd And The Sheep Will Be Scattered!

• i believe top dog is in sydney.

As @3×0du5 said go to a butcher and pick up a bolar blade or oyster blade or chuck. Tell them its for smoking.

Costco brisket at $8.99kg is a good price but is a little tricky until you have mastered the offset.

• Yeh I'm in sydney man ... ahhhh right sorry got my blades mixed up I'll head to the butcher .... grabbed some of the beef shorties from the bottom of the pic these any good or I stuffed up here too ? Cheers

• Some of the guys on here have commented on the amount of meat on them. As long as you are happy with the amount of meat on them and the price they will be ok. The roast in your pic will be fine too.

If you want some quality grass fed beef, hit up @Narm Naleg to be put on the Sydney CG group buy list.

• Hi @TOPDOG1,

You might get some ok beef shorties from the supermarkets, but you need to try the cape grim, there will be no comparison. Hit up Narm. It's also not a lot more, you won't regret it.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!