Anzac Day Beef Belly

• So I had a mate over yesterday helping me build a new chicken coop in my backyard. Decided to pay him for his time and materials in BBQ.

Cooked up my 4+kg Beef belly from the Beef Shed. Roasted some peppercorns and salt in a frying pan, then chucked in a grinder and sprinkled over the top. Put in my Smokey Mountain at between 105 and 120C, barely fit on the top rack :) . Also gave me a chance to try out my new Maverick that I bought while I was in the US. Was very impressed.

Meat went on at about 9.30, read 86C internal at about 5, but didn't probe tender until just after 6pm, when internal temp was about 90C. Could probably have done with a bit longer but took off at that stage due to time constraints. Served with Cauliflower mash, roasted carrots and pumpkin, and steamed kale and broccoli. Guests were very impressed.

Forgot about the easter cook, so I didn't include an egg in any photos.

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber MasterTouch | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping) | Charbroil Grill2Go | Charbroil Offset Smoker

• Cheer's mate and bugger

Yeah. I am disappointed now that I won't be able to get any more. It was a very easy cook, and the results were fantastic. Other than occasionally adjusting vents on the smoker throughout the cook, I didn't touch it after it went on. I didn't even open the lid to look at the meat until after 4pm.

What model maverick probe did you buy?

ET-732. Just found the cheapest one on Amazon, and got it shipped to where we were staying. Picked up a few other things while there too.

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber MasterTouch | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping) | Charbroil Grill2Go | Charbroil Offset Smoker

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!