Akorn Steel Kamado or ProQ Frontier Elite???

• I agree, both are great Q's. Great fun if you buy either and if you can buy both :D

Bullet like Q's vs Kamados is a pretty common question by people along with the kettle vs kamado question.

It's interesting how this guy set-up his WSM using the minion method with Kingsford briquettes.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow, he is quite a creosote enthusiast! I set up my WSM similarly but with much less wood.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That much fuel in my akorn i could do a 2 month low n slow.

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

• I owned a WSM many years ago and sold it to go with a Kamado Joe. I have had my KJ for 5 years or so. About 6 months ago I bought a Pro Q Elite. Still own both and more. The Pro Q is not as good of build as a WSM but still runs good and I can cook a lot of food on it. I use lump in both the Pro Q and KJ and find I can run the Pro Q at a more stable temp. than the KJ. But in saying that they both have there place in my arsenal of cookers. For me I like the KJ for beef ribs, brisket low and slow and steaks at high heat. I like to use the Pro Q for pork ribs, pork butt and poultry. Whatever you choose is a great unit no complaints about either. Good luck with your choice and please share the results.

Cheers

6 Burner Gasser, Weber Kettle, Weber Q320, ProQ Excel Elite 20, Kamado Joe Classic, Kustom Spit, Offset w/heavy mods, GMG DB

WesternSmoke

• Here is a progress pic almost done. After 6 hours.

It has been at 225-250 for most of the day, working towards 203. Had a little bit of the temp getting it away, but got it all under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Keen to hear your thoughts on billy's meat.

Long time customer and very happy with their product. Not the cheapest but quality is always top notch.

For smoking, I've previously used a kettle and had good results with their pork and beef (hello rump cap). This is my first go at beef short ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Keen to hear your thoughts on billy's meat.

My bro cooked CG ribs and a rolled pork shoulder from Meat at Billie's for us on the weekend. Incredible. The Cape Grim ribs were such a step up from the Angus beef ribs I did a couple of weeks agon. Double the price but worth it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Weber Q3200, Weber Original Premium Kettle

• Long time customer and very happy with their product. Not the cheapest but quality is always top notch.

Second that it's not cheapest but the quality is definitely there. I did some Pork ribs from there on saturday and they turned out great. Compared to my local butcher the quality of meat and much much better for low & slow and they have the correct cuts as well.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!