Cedar plank salmon Cooked in pellet BBQ

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cedar plank salmon Cooked in pellet BBQ

Inspired by this: Lime Marinated Cedar Plank Salmon

I mixed Lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice, salt, thyme, and garlic.

Cooked the Salmon on a cedar plank in the GMG pellet grill until temp (62c) was reached.

Served with asparagus, mushroom, stringy zucchini and hollandaise sauce.

Cheers,
      Narm Naleg
      Maximus Wood Fired Oven | GMG Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Weber Genesis E320 | Weber Go Anywhere |
    • Beachbums wrote:

Do you have one of those little machines that make the zuchini strings/spaghetti?
      Yes, SWMBO bought one recently and to my dismay... I love the stuff. I think the Zucchini done like that is better than most noodles and spaghetti! I have to try and make it with a pasta sauce soon to see if they work in that way, but I can't see why they wouldn't. Best part is that if you don't overcook them they are "al dente"! :thumbup:
      Cheers,
      Narm Naleg
      Maximus Wood Fired Oven | GMG Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Weber Genesis E320 | Weber Go Anywhere |
    • Jan and I started on a LCHF diet kick which is basically no carbs. We've been using the Zuchinni "Zoodle" noodles since then. They're great with Spag sauces etc No need to cook them either, just the hot sauce over the top.
      BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb
    • Beachbums wrote:

Jan and I started on a LCHF diet kick which is basically no carbs. We've been using the Zuchinni "Zoodle" noodles since then. They're great with Spag sauces etc No need to cook them either, just the hot sauce over the top.
      That's what I was thinking of doing, no cooking them, just the sauce. I'm trying to limit carbs to the weekend. Now I know what to call them! Zoodles :)

Gumb wrote:

I've never done cedar planked fish. look good, I must give it a whirl.
      The best part of the plank for me was that it was easy to go in out of the BBQ and to the table without falling to bits. The flavour was excellent, but very delicate. Next time I'll squeeze a lemon on top at the end as it really came alive with that extra zing.
      Cheers,
      Narm Naleg
    • Narm Naleg wrote:

Beachbums wrote:

Jan and I started on a LCHF diet kick which is basically no carbs. We've been using the Zuchinni "Zoodle" noodles since then. They're great with Spag sauces etc No need to cook them either, just the hot sauce over the top.
      That's what I was thinking of doing, no cooking them, just the sauce. I'm trying to limit carbs to the weekend. Now I know what to call them! Zoodles :)

If you're looking to drop a couple of kilos have a decko over here. Talk about a BBQers Diet! dietdoctor.com/lchf

Maybe should have a thread on it.

Cheers, Wayne
      BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb
    • My folks are on a keto diet at the moment. I was a bit worried when I went round for dinner last weekend as I was told it was going to be chicken and zoodles. Was surprisingly delicious! The old man did like a tomato-y cheesy vodka sauce with the chicken and served it on zoodles instead of pasta. I'm thinking about jumping on the zoodle train after that!
    • Beachbums wrote:

Talk about a BBQers Diet!
      Yep, I've done lots of reading in this area. So far I've found that the most comprehensive and accurate reflection of established knowledge in this area is in this book: Gary Taubes

If you have a few spare minutes:
      Cheers,
      Narm Naleg