Eggs. Soft Cackle Berries.

• Some eggs for breakfast. 65c for 1hr. I would have like the yokes to be a little softer but I also wanted to peel the eggs.
    None the less a very tasty experiment.

I should mention that they would have been difficult to peel entirely. I cracked the shell as per usual. took the top pieces of shell off then the eggs poured out in an egg shape.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• It seems dipping the eggs back in to some water to set the whites is the only way to get the desired done-ness of yolks and whites when it comes to SV.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• I had contemplated dropping into poach but I can't get past what's the point of Sous Vide if I have to poach anyway. So I didn't bother and probably never will. I can boil or poach an egg to how I like.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• I had contemplated dropping into poach but I can't get past what's the point of Sous Vide if I have to poach anyway. So I didn't bother and probably never will. I can boil or poach an egg to how I like.

Agreed. Food service efficiency is the only reason.

Mother's Day I did two dozen eggs for eggs benidicto (poached eggs on chorizo pulled pork with chipotle hollandaise and bacon crumble). Put them in for 45 minutes while I did everything else. Drank a bloody Maria while transferring to plates

Then when everyone was ready slipped them all into the water in a double gastro pan. Lifted the inner and let them all drain at the same time and plated all at once. I confess that I lost three in that process.

But I could have done three times that with only minor modifications.

If I was doing it for the goddess and I no way would I pull out the sous vide. I'm too lazy for that

• I found that 75c for 13 minutes was a more solid white with a runny yolk and a bit faster. One of the sous vide sites suggested it. I prefer the texture when cooked more slowly but the one in charge prefers a good firm white so you know who wins that argument...

• Mmmmm "bacon crumble".

Yep. Around the same park @CrankyChicken is how I have done them in the past and more my preference. It's a rare occasion that I will Sous Vide an egg in the morning, It's usually because the bath has been left out from the nights dinner.

Have you tried that Wazza? If you could store the eggs and still get that result the pic indicates by reheating would be amazing.

• Has anyone tried Cloud Eggs yet? If I get a chance will do some this weekend.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• That's something I think about but have never attempted. Not sure if I would enjoy the texture but maybe with chives & Bacon bits it could be a winner.

• Official Post

Has anyone tried Cloud Eggs yet? If I get a chance will do some this weekend.

Jan and i have had a play with a couple of ideas from the net. Here's a link

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• I tried the quick method this morning. 75c for 13 minutes and they came out perfect. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I tried the quick method this morning. 75c for 13 minutes and they came out perfect. :thumbup:

room temperature eggs before going in the bath?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• No Waz, straight from the fridge. I might try one minute more next time 'cos the whites were fine for me but the wife likes them a bit firmer.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Wife says they keep longer in the fridge ? Maybe they should be in the pantry.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!