Gold Coast Food goodness.

• Look what turned up locally this week. I'm very keen to give this place a try & I will let you know what I think. Unless someone beats me to it. :yum)
    Buffalo Sears

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Not bad. A little expensive. The food tasted authentic but no noticeable smoke ring on any of the meats, but mind you we had a few Tequila shots along the way so vision may have been off. I had the brisket which was very tender and juicy but looking at a pic from that the slice seemed to be with the grain. So I'm guessing a lot of braising to the meat.
    It's a micro brewery and whisky bar as well. I enjoyed the beer we tried but they where lacking in the whisky choices.
    I won't be going back soon at those prices.

Cheers.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Lucky you indeed. :)

I'm wondering if the annual Burleigh BBQ comp has inspired this ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Hello UG. Terrific to see you supporting the weber kettle club guys recently at Port.

Yes 3 new ones for Burleigh so far. Have not tried Buffalo Sears competing beside Club Burleigh and the Bowls Club.

Another on the GC HWY next to McDonalds https://www.facebook.com/burleighsmokehouse/

This one announced yesterday https://www.hit.com.au/whats-on/gold-…ation=goldcoast

Good news for residents and the local BBQ foodies.

• Radio reports down here are saying it's very very quiet, almost dead in the city up there. They reckon a lot of local people were expecting big tourist crowds causing them to stay away, so when the tourist numbers are also down, it's a dud show.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• That's exactly right. It's a ghost town up here and not a lot of happy businesses either. Due to the massive hype from council and media people have gone holidaying, or worse have added staff and geared up with product etc for the influx. Which didn't happen. If you also realize this is directly after Easter break. That's 3 - 4 week disruption to normal cash flow.
    Any way. I'm going with a pocket full of change and I think there will be a good turn up none the less.

• We were living in London for the Olympics in 2012. The media and councils went on a scare mongering campaign in the 6 months leading up to them about the traffic being a nightmare and creating Olympic only lanes on select routes etc. and when the games started the place was a ghost town. Cycling to work was a joy because the early morning felt like a zombie apocalypse had rolled through.

• Seems they don't learn from past experiences then.

• It was a big night. We enjoyed it immensely and will be going again. Plenty of variety in the food and very tasty. :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!