• I'm thinking that would work @Bentley Meredith I know a couple of places I can get bags like that....could be an easy answer!

I've done this a few times there's a butcher north of the river I use a bit and they use paper bags, I've also got a roll of peach paper and there's no real difference that I can tell, I just cut the bags open and lay them out as a sheet a lot cheaper then what the roll of peach paper cost me :thumbup:

• Round 2 is tomorrow.

There's a few places I fell down last time.
    Even though the flat probed well, I pushed through until the point probed well, and the flat ended up dry and overdone.
    I sliced against the flat from end to end. This didn't turn out too bad, but if I don't push through until the point probes well, I fear it won't be up to scratch.

So, what to do when the flat probes nicely? Separate the two muscles and put the point back on, or leave it intact and deal with it differently than I did before?

Very effin UDS, GMG Daniel Boone Prime

• I knocked this out today. Used baking paper over the meat for the first time... no bark ;(
    Moist though...

I know there are no "silly questions" on her so I'll ask...
    how do others wrap in paper? Then foil? Add liquid?
    As always, advice and comments are greatly appreciated

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• Yes, that is one option. Usually my points are done/tender at a lower temperature just because they have so much more fat in them. They do not need to go to as high a temperature as the flat. So I usually just base pulling on the feel of the flat!

So, what to do when the flat probes nicely? Separate the two muscles and put the point back on, or leave it intact and deal with it differently than I did before?

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Hi

I wait till it gets to stall, usually around 160f. I let it sit at stall for an hour or so, then wrap it through to 83c (Sorry to keep swapping between f and c). When I wrap it I have it in an oven tray on a cake rack. I wrap the whole thing. I put apple juice in the bottom. It creates some steam and moisture.

Sometimes I just keep it wrapped right up till fully cooked, then rest in its wrap for an hour or two in an esky. If I want to get the bark nice and hard, I take it out of the wrap from 83c till fully cooked.

Don't know if this is normal process, but works for me. I don't separate the flat and point before carving unless at a comp.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Hi

Yeah, thats right. I do the same for pulled pork. Only difference with pulled pork is that I drop it back in the liquid when I pull it.

With the brisket is sits above.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!