Weird Brisket observations

• Official Post

Some weird brisket observations from yesterday to throw in the mix :)

I started cooking a Cape Grim brisket yesterday. Rubbed with salt, pepper and garlic. For some reason this one was just flat, no point muscle...
    Placed in the GMG at 107c at 7.30am and off I went about the rest of my day. I thought I'd check on it at 1pm and found it to have reached temp already!!! (92c in some places)
    I'm not sure if this was due to the GMG getting hotter than 107c or the particular brisket being in a rush. I'll test the GMG soon to verify.
    Anyway, dinner wasn't going to be till 6pm so I lowered the GMG temp to 65c until 3-3.30pm, then back up to 85c until 5pm (always unwrapped).
    At this point I put it on a tray with and covered with baking paper and foil.
    Cut it at 5.30pm and served (still very hot) just after 6pm.
    It turned out to be very tender and tasty and also reasonably juicy for flat, but what a ride!

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Official Post

That's certainly a mystery but the result looks perfect ! :clap:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Official Post

another weird observation, at the bbq festival today and one of the teams were punching out 8kg briskets in 5hrs at 250f.

texas crutch ?

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!