Flippin' steak !

• Official Post

Contrary to a lot of popular opinion, I'm a big flipper of steaks on the grill. I'm not talking just once, I flip every minute or so and the only thing I am careful of is to not let too much heat out of the BBQ when opening the lid that often.
    My usual modus operandi is.....a hot BBQ, hot grill (or in this case, Grill Grates), flip often and change the angle so I get nice criss-cross grill lines.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Official Post

I like the idea but if you want to also have the benefit of lid down cooking, 12 seconds is too often. It would be great on an open flame grill though, where an open lid isn't an issue.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Official Post

I like the idea but if you want to also have the benefit of lid down cooking, 12 seconds is too often. It would be great on an open flame grill though, where an open lid isn't an issue.

Also easier when you have an army of Sous Chefs!

• I flip often. I knew Heston recommended it years ago, An Aussie guy interviewed on the radio a few months back won the worlds best cooked steak last year and his method is turn often. Don't let one side cool.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!