What cut of meat is this?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Meat is done. Bone pulled out cleanly. I am not a fan of shredding though so tend to leave my pulled meat more chunky.

My plating and photography need improvement but god this was great. Crackle was good and the jus was the star. Thanks again @Wazza.
      My obsessions - cooking, grilling, burning, smoking.
      My possessions - GMG DB, Akorn, Ziggy Triple, Hark Roti.
    • Swamptrout wrote:

@Wazza no i dont have a baking dish. i was gonna make the jus on the akorn after the pork is done as i will crank up the heat for the crackling. A baking dish will be my next investment though.
      Not sure if it's of interest but the large Ikea baking tray is a perfect fit in the Akorn, even when using the top tray for meat. Did a lamb roast mine the other day with the tray & veggies underneath.
      This thing.
      Ikea baking tray
    • Looks great Swampy, the perfect winter family meal.

I agree with the big chunks, put a couple of forks in and let the meat seperate into the bits it wants to become.

Glad the jus worked out. The important question is, what did the family think?

Making me hungry now.

Snowfella wrote:

Did a lamb roast mine the other day with the tray & veggies underneath.This thing.
      Ikea baking tray
      Snowy, does this have a base thick enough to take a medium flame on the stove?

If so this is perfect for swampy. You don't need to spend a lot, and as you are deglazing you don't need non stick. For $15 with a rack, perfect.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - (reserved for future wood fired pizza oven)
    • wife and kids loved the meal and the kids asked to have the sauce again on their chicken nuggets and chips for tonights dinner.

We have an electric cook top, does that change anything with the ikea baking dish suggestion?
    • another shoulder, this time done in the gmg. 1hr at 180c then dropped to 110c until done. 8hrs all up, now in the oven resting for 2hrs until dinner time.

Check out the clean bone!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Swamptrout ().