Pizza on the Dragon

• I've had a go at trying to make pizzas in my Dragon Kamado, without much luck. Previously I successfully used both a 4 burner gasser and a wood fired oven.
    Tonight, I had a win with the dragon and turned out 4 pizzas that the family were very impressed with. I was also impressed, and I'm my own harshest critic :doh:

Ham and bocconcini for the little man.

1/2 Lamb & potato, 1/2 pepperoni, capsicum and onion for the princess.

Lamb, potato and fetta for the little princess.

And a hot potch one for me, pepperoni, fetta, potato, anchovies, olives, capsicum and onion.
    In the immortal words of Borat, great success.
    Thanks for looking.

Primo large oval, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber kettle, Weber Q3200, Weber Go Anywhere.

• Official Post

Shape means zip. If they taste good, that's all that matters,

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• G'day Wayne,
    I have the dragon set up from bottom to top like this - deflector (big paella pan), grill, grill extender shelf and pizza stone on the extender.

I have it cranked up so that it's showing about 250-300 on the dial, but I know that's out by a fair whack. The other week I had the dial showing 250 and the maverick probe showed an over temperature alert, which kicks in at 300. I tend to gauge the heat by holding my hand over the top vent as well as checking the temp dial.

The first time I used the dragon for pizza I had the temp at 250 (per the maverick probe) and the pizzas cooked on the top, but had floppy bottoms 8o . They also had a funky taste from the charcoal.

Primo large oval, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber kettle, Weber Q3200, Weber Go Anywhere.

• Official Post

As you all know, there are a number of words banned in this forum, mainly the usual profanities. As well as being self regulated, the back room allows us to have a list of words which the system won't allow anyone to type in to a post. I can easily add the pineapple to that list. :nana:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!