• Official Post

As far as I can tell Costco have the best pork ribs in town. I recently bought a couple of racks of baby back ribs that looked sensational, then forgot them in the fridge and they were about to expire so I quickly cooked them tonight.

Salt, merquen and some seasoning and into the GMG Daniel Boon they go:

After just 2.5 hours at 125c I transferred them to my hot gas grill.
    Brushed with a mix of soy sauce and cider vinegar a few times. Turned every couple of minutes for 15-20 minutes and this was the result:

Tender and juicy, yet with a nice grilled finish.
    I would have liked to grill them on the cyprus grill to infuse the chargrill flavour into them, but I didn't have time. Still, I reckon these 3 hour ribs are not easily beaten.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Very jealous about Costco and the same for that dinner. :yum)

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• I agree about best ribs around. I recently did some Baby backs and they were the best yet. I think I had been cooking them too long previously, they don't need as long as spare ribs it seems. This lot I got from Costco were marked as spare ribs so were a couple bucks less p/kg.

This rack split apart when I picked them up, real tender!

I have noticed the normal spare ribs at costco aren't quite as good as they used to be. They seem to cut from further down the rib cage or something and the bones taper off real quick. Baby backs are :thumbup:

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• Costco is my favorite place for them too!

My BBQ cooking after 15 years of competing and doing the Low n Slow Mantra is now veering to hotter cooks. Last cook was 150° for 3 hours and debatably the best I have ever cooked!

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Official Post

My BBQ cooking after 15 years of competing and doing the Low n Slow Mantra is now veering to hotter cooks.

I agree Bentley, myself I really like the "smoke then grill" routine.

• Those last BB's I did only cooked for a bit over 3 hours at 230F. 2 hours smoked and 1 foiled. That probably took them just a little too far(tender wise), they were still extremely juicy. Previously when I've cooked them longer like a 3-2-1 they just dried right out and weren't enjoyable.

Royal Kamado, Primo Oval XL, Akorn jr, GMG Daniel Boone and Pit Barrel Cooker

• There were rumblings that they were planning to open one here this year but there hasn't been any news since a TV report late last year saying they were looking to open in Perth in the latter part of 2017.

Until then we will continue to cast our eyes eastwards in babyback rib envy :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!