Pulled Pork first cook

• Official Post

Hickory Pellets

Which ones exactly?

Great to see some pics! :thumbup: don't forget that you can insert either a thumbnail or a full size pic after you've uploaded them so they'll appear exactly how you want. I'll do it for you on your post above to show you what I mean.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• bbqrs delight hickory Pellets

Sides hmmm not sure yet.

Int temp is only 136 f set on 215f so have some time at IT 160 will foil with some apple juice and put back in until 193f

Might have it on Brioche rolls with lettuce and BBQ sauce. Not a big fan of coleslaw.

Will consult domestic manager re other sides and may do them in GMG whilst Pork is resting for 1 hr.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

Primo XL, GMG Davy Crockett, Char-Broil Grill2go, Akorn Jr and Weber Baby Q.

• Hmmm internal only 153f looks like won't be for dinner tonight.

Must let it be low and slow so will have alternate dinner and still pull it later for eating tomorrow.

Lesson learnt start a lot earlier.

Pics to follow later

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• I always put in the smoker cold as well.

You know if you are short on time you can slice that meat. It will still be super yummy.

My wife actually prefers it sliced. I often do as well.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• So have pulled the Pork. 17 year old son just sat there and kept repeating "oh my god how good is that" as he kept eating it.

Daughter appears out of bedroom and says "I want some I can smell it". "Yep it's good bit spicy though" never keep them happy.

Manager has requested some " yep it's good,make sure you glad wrap it for tomorrow".

As far as I am concerned it is was a great pp. The meat was moist as per photo. Just fell apart. The flavour was great it was a simple rub found online.

3.5 hours late not too bad for first up. Let's me get it right next time.

Upright chicken tomorrow.

I am no longer a Smoking Virgin.

This did happen as I have photos to prove it.

Enjoy your "Q"
    James

• Nice work Jimmy, particularly for a first attempt. :thumbup:

I've fixed the pics for you by resizing the first one and inserting pic two which was uploaded but not in the post.

With regard to being late, it's always better to start the cook even earlier than you might think. You rested for an hour but if you double wrap in foil and then place it in an esky, then fill the vacant space in the esky with old towels or something similar, it will stay piping hot for many hours. In fact it can really benefit from a good 2 hour rest. I've had mine in there for 4 hours and when it came out it was still too hot to handle. That's the best way to do it when you have guests for lunch etc. If you want to eat at 1pm, it doesn't matter if the meat is ready by 10am. But it's painful if it's not ready until 3 ! :doh:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• You should be pleased for a first effort mate, looks nice. Smoke actually sticks to cold meat better than room temp. Everything of mine goes in cold. AmazingRibs.com is very thorough website if you lookin for some info... only website I've ever used...

Ziggy Twin Burner - GMG Daniel Boone - Hibachi

• Official Post

That looks great and I bet tasted fantastic :yum)
    Good work!

One thing I've found is that alfoil in direct contact with the meat is not a good idea as anything acidic will react with the aluminium and dissolve it into your food. These days I use glad wrap once the meat is cold, or a stainless steel tray covered with baking paper first, then alfoil (glass or ceramic trays work well too).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!