• Official Post

I purchased a great looking rindless pork belly from Costco recently for $11 per Kg (bargain!).
    I wanted to slice and grill it, but decided to first smoke the thing in my BSK Kamado on Saturday and have it for dinner on Sunday (a few hours ago).

Spiced it up with salt, pepper, rosemary and used mulberry and bankia cones for smoke.
    Started it at 100c, but by the time I took it off the kamado had gone up to 150c. All up it was on there for 2.5 hours and I was very pleased with it:

Fortunately we had plans for dinner so I managed to resist the amazing smell. Let it cool and in the fridge it went.
    A little earlier tonight I sliced it:

On the Kamado it went for a good grilling, together with the always awesome Chilean chorizo from @theoscecinas:

Gave it a good grilling over the charcoal and this was the finished product:

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Next time up up your way, I'm coming for dinner and ordering pork belly. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• That's a cracker of a dish. It looks irresistible.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• yummo. Twice cooked pork belly is something I don't often do as it rarely makes it to the 2nd cook.

Yours looks great.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I've got a pork belly in the freezer. You've inspired me to take it out and give this method a crack.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I've got a pork belly in the freezer. You've inspired me to take it out and give this method a crack.

You won't regret it. Make sure you place a tray with a little water to catch the drippings. It picks up a great smokey flavour in the kamado and you can use it to make a sauce. (or really use it on anything including the belly itself).

I find this to be the best value cut of pork around... Costco sell rindless bellies for $11-12 per Kg, they sell the same stuff sliced for $16-17!

• Make sure you place a tray with a little water to catch the drippings

Not something I usually do but will give it a shot. :thumb up:

• Looks amazing. Did you see what internal temp u got to on the smoke phase? Such a great idea and saves the pressure trying to recover a crackle after a slow cook

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Weber Q3200, Weber Original Premium Kettle

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!