Fornetto Razzo Bullet Smoker at Bunnings

• Must have a look next time I am in the big smoke. Looks cheap

ha, like you've got a chance of getting another bbq. 8o

We need to build the bbq hutchie in your back yard so you have your own area for them. :bbq:

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I'm pretty happy with the build quality of the Razzo - I got a long burn out of my maiden run on the Razzo 18, but not quite hot enough because I didn't use enough fuel (and some say because I used kingsford which doesn't burn as hot). Everything turned out pretty good, but I wouldn't do wings again in the smoker, sausages were great, and had to finish pork shoulder in foil in oven (took like 8 hours total).

Keen to have another go maybe with ribs next time.

• Kingsfords burn hot enough but not for long enough so try mixing them with normal heat beads. Kingsfords on the bottom, heat beads on top.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• but I wouldn't do wings again in the smoker,

Curious on your thoughts why?

I'm not the biggest fan of wings smoked, but absolutely love them cooked over charcoal with lid down so they get smoked from the smoke created from chicken fat dripping onto the charcoal.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Curious on your thoughts why?

I normally do my wings 1.5 to 2 hours in the oven on 150 then baste with sauce - makes them crispy on the outside and falling apart. I think the sweet/salty flavours go better with wings and the texture is better that way. On the smoker the skin was soft and the smoky taste was a bit overpowering. I do want to try lightly smoked chickens but I"ll aim for a shorter hotter burn.

• Try over charcoal. Have some direct, some indirect and swap them around. Direct will crisp skin and create chicken fat smoke, indirect will allow them to finish cooking but won't be burnt by too long over direct heat. Hope you get what I mean.

• I’m doing some today in my 18” bullet, I finish them off right at the end over the direct charcoal to crisp up the skin.

weber performer, weber compact with gas conversion, napoleon rodeo, pro q 20", PBC, ziggy portable, ozpig with rotisserie, pro smoke offset, pit boss mini kamado, asmoke portable, master built 560.

• When I used to do chicken on the WSM, especially if it had the skin on which was 90% of the time, I'd take the water pan out and use it like a drum smoker and allow the juices to drip on the coals below and it'd basically smoke itself.
    By taking out the waterpan, my usual temps at the lid were around 320-350F which is plenty enough heat to crisp the skin and to set any finishing sauce without burning.

I'm regretting having sold the WSM last year....but i'm kinda eyeing off the 22.5 WSM....

I've seen these Fornettos at Bunnings and they are good value I reckon, I think it'd buy one of those before I go Pro-Q. I'm just not liking the metal quality on the Pro-Qs, they just feel real tinny for me.

Davo

Weber Performer (Sage) Weber Jumbo Joe (Black) Weber Master Touch Plus (Deep Ocean Blue)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!