Kamado Pulled Pork

• What to do with a small piece of pork shoulder ? Pulled pork of course.

I used the kamado and the QMaster controller and put the pork in fat side down, just to see if it made any difference. The idea being that it would hold the juices in better, rather than letting them drip in to the tray below.

I had the pit at around 1115-120c for 7.5 hours, by which time the meat was at 93c and there was no resistance to the probe test.

I foiled it for another hour in a small esky and it pulled apart really easily.

A quick way to do the sauce is to mix a bit of BBQ sauce with apple juice and a splash of apple cider vinegar, then heat it up in the microwave and splash it through the pork in a bowl.

Served with roast spuds and of course, the compulsory coleslaw. Yum.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Not sure mate. It came out well but it did the last time too and that was fat up. There wasn't anything worth keeping in the foil tray, just the drippings from the fat. Maybe the other way around and the juices bpcan be reused in the sauce but this was just liquid fat.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I've always had skin/fat on top as my theory is the fat renders and bastes the meat.

Have absolutely no scientific evidence to back this up though. Maybe one day I can get a butcher to debone and roll 2 shoulders off the same pig and cook them side by side, one up, one down.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• and you'd need a test person.....like Alex :) ... to try them out.

• and you'd need a test person.....like Alex :) ...

You have no idea when it comes to pulled pork. There is no stopping him. Remember this is a kid who complains when he sees me lighting the gas bbq and will stand next to me holding a piece of charcoal as a subtle hint.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• There's a kid with his priorities in order. Must have had a good upbringing. :):thumb up:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!