• Saturday night just My son and I. The Wench is in Vanuatu sailing. Some locals paddled up to the boat yesterday and offered to catch some Lobsters. $10.00 each. They ended up with one each... Not me though. No, I'm at home looking forward to working each day. :censored:

So, Sealed with salt & pepper, Rosemary & Thyme and a little butter. Bathed for 1 hour @50c. Smoking hot sear on the grill, served with mushroom sauce. Rippa meal.

I quite like this style of cooking. You always get an increased beefy flavour I think. Veg are particularly good SV.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• That looks like you gave them a really good sear and it's something I need to improve here. I think I'm being to cautious and worried I'll over cook them so I never get them seared the way I'd like. Yours look perfect.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Thanks guys. The sear is the more difficult part really but once you have a go to method it's easy. This is why I sous vide to 50c so I have room for error in the sear.
    Any way, I use a ribbed cast iron pan over flames on the wok burner that I have enlarged the standard gas jet. The pan needs to be smoking hot, no oil, only on the meat.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!