Weekend is here, what are you cooking (Oct/Nov 2017)

• In the pro q at 250F for about 5 hours with some Apple wood, then into the Weber for half hour to crackle them up... it was a 2 BBQ affair since I got rid of my akorn :) they sat on a tray of cabbage, apple and onion and chicken stock that ended up tasting like pork hock soup :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old green weber kettle - pro q excel 20 elite

• Relaxing evening before a busy day tomorrow. These are those lamb chops in the other thread.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• 1.5kg pork scotch fillet. Going on the akorn about 10am for pulled pork dinner. Rubbed with paprika, salt and pepper.

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber MasterTouch | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping) | Charbroil Grill2Go | Charbroil Offset Smoker

• You could go up a bit to 110-115 if time is tight. It can stall for as while and may do it again around 81. It even drops back a bit sometimes but patience is the key. ;)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Yeah I've got it going up slightly, to 108 at the moment. I just don't want to play with it too much since I've got it nicely dialed in.
    Time isn't too bad, still got a little while, but yes being patient is hard

Chargriller Akorn Kamado | 57cm Weber MasterTouch | 47cm Weber Kettle (for camping) | Charbroil Grill2Go | Charbroil Offset Smoker

• So I think it's going to be a bit late for dinner. Still only 78 IT. Even with the increase in temp to 115. Oh well, just have to wait it out

• So weekend 1 with Booney

Thought I better burn some pellets

Lamb and a chook

Lamb is resting and will go straight to fridge for tomorrow (after a little taste....shhh)

Chook was for tea

My Toys.....GMG DB, Weber Family Q, Weber Baby Q, Weber Kettle, Weber GA, Cobb

• So I think it's going to be a bit late for dinner. Still only 78 IT. Even with the increase in temp to 115. Oh well, just have to wait it out

Our advice over the years has always been to start and finish early, not try and time it just right. The meat will keep for hours double wrapped and placed in an esky with towels taking up the extra space. I've kept some for 4 hours like that and it was still piping hot, in fact the long rest does it good.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Our advice over the years has always been to start and finish early, not try and time it just right. The meat will keep for hours double wrapped and placed in an esky with towels taking up the extra space. I've kept some for 4 hours like that and it was still piping hot, in fact the long rest does it good.

Sorry, not so easy posting from phone.

I thought I gave myself plenty of time. Since it was only small I thought I would be finished on time if I started at 12, so I started earlier at 10am. Oh well, never mind. I'll learn not to trust even smaller cuts of meat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!