• G'Day everyone
    Excited to be a part of the SFF community. Joined last night following some tech challenges, made a post (i think) in another thread but think ive started to work it all out now. Looking forward to the conversations, learning about techniques, receipes, equipment etc.

Im in the midst of deciding on my next purchase - a Kamado style cooker - its either the Big Green Egg or the Kamado Joe (my brain hursts from reading too much about them both). Like the idea of hte BGE and subsequent community that comes with it, but intrigued by some new KJ upgrades. Hopefully ill find someone who is cooking with a new one (im not a fan of listneing to salesmen in stores telling me how good they are).

Anyway, thanks in advance for all the laughs and inisghts - let the meat games begin

Kamado Joe Classic II - Hark Gas Smoker - Coolabah 6 Burner - Beefeater Bugg

• Welcome aboard King Coal, plenty of positive feedback for both units, might be a tough decision. I suggest that you have a look at them both in the flesh and establish the salesperson's best price on each unit. Might help to put one ahead of the other.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

• Welcome aboard. Can't help with your ceramic komado purchase though as I have an Akorn. You can get a BGE from Chris at Urban Griller. Might be worth having a chat with him. He's got them at bbq school, I did a Don Burke with them last time I was in there, great looking units. Mind you, the K Joe also look great.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Welcome to the forum. Both cookers look good from what i have seen.

i will throw a spanner in the works, have u looked at the primo xl ?

oh geez - the last thing i need is to look at another one...but thats exactly what ill do now!!

Wazza, thanks mate, yes i have spoken to Chris before (ive done the BBQ school, many moons ago)

Kamado Joe Classic II - Hark Gas Smoker - Coolabah 6 Burner - Beefeater Bugg

• Welcome King Coal, nice choice of kamado and it probably doesn't really matter too much which way you go, they are both superb cookers.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!