Weekend is here, what are you cooking (December)

• Not wanting to lose track of all the great weekend cook ups by our members, it has been decided to start a monthly thread which will make it easier for future referencing.

We could expect to see food styles and cooking methods change as the seasons change.

This weekend being the first of our Aussie Summer and the start of the festive season lets see what ya got going on. Xmas turkeys, baked hams, fresh seafood perhaps?

:w

ADMIN NOTE: One post per cook in this thread please. Each post can have multiple pictures but cooks you'd like to present with more than one post should go in the appropriate section (e'g Livestock for beef or Airborne for Duck etc)

My possessions: GMG DB - Ziggy Triple

Edited once, last by Swamptrout (December 1, 2017 at 10:49 AM).

• Picked up some Beef shorties yesterday at Meatland. Looked through about 20-30 packs to find these ones. Only one other pack with this much marbling on them. Not sure how far in that marbling goes as the thinner end doesn't seem to show that much.

20" Reverse flow Offset, Weber GA, Weber kettle

• I'm on the hunt for some brisket today in Perth to cook with some Ribs on Sunday - pool, beers, ribs, brisket...gotta love summer...oh and the cricket with be on

Kamado Joe Classic II - Hark Gas Smoker - Coolabah 6 Burner - Beefeater Bugg

• I'm on the hunt for some brisket today in Perth to cook with some Ribs on Sunday - pool, beers, ribs, brisket...gotta love summer...oh and the cricket with be on

Might head to Troy's meats and see what they have (if i can find them) - read lots of good stuff about them

Kamado Joe Classic II - Hark Gas Smoker - Coolabah 6 Burner - Beefeater Bugg

• Cricket today so up early for a 5 am pork shoulder into the pro q with some beef shorties in several hours later (you can see the pork wrapped in the bottom layer of the shorties pic)

Will update as we go if we're not three sheets to the wind.

Sent from my SM-G906S using Tapatalk

• Lamb burgers on grill grates cooked in the Ziggy. Topped with cheese, caramalised onion, lettuce, tomato and ketchup.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• This little bugger went on the proq at midnight then I enjoyed 6 hours of restless sleep, wrapped it, then back to bed for a couple hours.... loving the temp the pro q holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old green weber kettle - pro q excel 20 elite

Edited once, last by colmando (December 3, 2017 at 11:34 PM).

• looks great narm, but creates a couple of questions. I've got a very similar pan, it sits on the akorn grill much like yours but the handles prevent the lid from closing.

So, can you close your lid?

If not, how did you go controlling it so you didn't have raging fire?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• So, can you close your lid?

Yes, it fits perfectly in the BSK and have no problem at all closing the lid. Perhaps you have a slightly bigger pan? This is my one:
    http://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/Pyrolux-Indust…Paella-Pan-45cm

This is the paella pan that I use as a heat deflector (not in use while cooking paella mind you). Also the perfect size for the BSK (I just had to get rid of the treatment on the handle, but it wasn't too hard):
    http://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/Garcima-Pata-Negra-Paella-Pan-34cm

• ahhh I see now, the handles are a different shape, mine stick out more. Perhaps I can fix that with the bench vice.

So before I risk damaging the pan you are happy with doing it in the BSK? It's limiting with a big pan on the stove as the size of the flame only covers a small portion of the big pan hence I wanted to see if it would fit in the akorn as I was hoping I could get a more even heat.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• you are happy with doing it in the BSK?

Very happy. Had everything bubbling away just right. I love the fact that it gets more heat from below, but the top is oven like.
    The only issue was that I added a little too much smoke. Next time I'll stick to 2 banksia cones instead of 4 + some apple chips. Was still yummy and I didn't mind the smoke, but got the comment "it's nice but would have been better if it was less smokey" from SWMBO.

• Smashed out some 11hr brisket yesterday (there is an advantage of kids getting you up at 5.30 on Saturday morning I've discovered)

Trimmed a lot off but seems there was still too much fat on top but didn't matter. Probably best brisket I've cooked so far. Very juicy and good bark

Photos aren't great unfortunately

• Ham and pineapple pizza, with extra pineapple, plus the same with mushroom, capsicum and onion for the adults.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well this thread just turned to s........

Sent from my electric phone using my finger.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• The Wench is cooking tonight.... So I thought I would help her out and use the bbq.
    Some kind of chicken stuffed..

Sent from my electric phone using my finger.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• You use your grates upside down as a plate Gumb? Does that work alright?

Yep, works well.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!