Weber Side Table Refurbish V1.0

• The side table on my old Weber One Touch Platinum had seen better days, mainly due to the poorly designed mounting points and not enough support from the frame (they seem to have fixed that on the Performers) it got to the point where it was going to snap off over the Christmas break so I had to do something about it, quickly. So I just gave it a skin of 1.5mm 316 Stainless and a lick of paint, this is only a temporary replacement will be getting rid of the original table altogether and doing a full 316 S/S top with hard wood frame with a removable flush mounted chopping board in 2018.

Overall pretty happy with the results for a sheet of steel I acquired for free and a tin of heat proof paint for around $15, gave the old girl a polish too, haven't seen it shine like that since I got it :shock:

Will post V2.0 when it gets under way :thumb up:

West Aus - Weber Q2200, Weber Kettle 57cm One Touch Platinum, Weber Kettle Compact 57cm, 47cm Bullet Smoker, Akorn Jnr

• You'd better get some fat splashed on it fast, it's way to clean for a BBQ. ^^

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Haha not wrong! Got a date with the butcher this arvo for a big christmas order, daresay there will be a few of these consumed tonight!

West Aus - Weber Q2200, Weber Kettle 57cm One Touch Platinum, Weber Kettle Compact 57cm, 47cm Bullet Smoker, Akorn Jnr

• Perfect ! Drip a bit of melted cheese and some hamburger fat on it and she'll be spot on ! :yum)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Cheers Chris, I gave it a fair bit of elbow grease but it didn't want to go, was going to remove it and hit it with the buff but I'll give that a shot first.

• Cheers Chris, I gave it a fair bit of elbow grease but it didn't want to go, was going to remove it and hit it with the buff but I'll give that a shot first.

I've been looking at making a Kit that replaces the plastic table...I think there would be a market for it! If your table isn't cracked, it will be stained....and that gets the pouty face from Management!

• They are good at dissipating heat though, I will give them that. I just cooked some lamb ribs at a fairly high temp with the coals stacked on the table side and it does get a bit hot near the corners where the steel thins out.

Edit

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!