Easy Cook Glazed Roast Pork/Ham

• This is my standard Xmas lunch special and it's a lot easier than curing my own ham and far better than buying one. It was cooked today and will be served for lunch tomorrow.

My butcher pumped and pickled a boned leg for me which was about 4KG. It went in to the kamado at noon and the pit was 150c the whole time.

After 90 minutes, I took off the net and peeled back the outer skin, leaving a layer of fat underneath. The skin won't crackle anyway, since it's been in the brine so it just goes in the bin.

Then, score the fat layer in a diamond pattern and brush in some marinade. I like marmalade or as, we used this year, a mix of orange marmalade and smokey BBQ marinade.

Then it's back in to the kamado until the internal temp gets to target, which for me is 145-150F for pork. Total cook time was 4 hours.

You all know how hard it is not to pig out (pun intended) on this while carving....lucky I had plenty.

Reheating tomorrow enhances the flavour and makes it an easy Xmas day. It tastes like ham but has the texture of roast pork. :yum)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Don't put it in the bin. That's massive flavour. Add it to a soup or baked beans... So many other dishes.

Sent from my electric phone using my finger.

Jumbuck 7 burner with hood. Baby Weber kettle. 52" Kettle. Weber Go Anywhere. 5' SS Spit rotisserie. Offset smoker. Akorn Kamado. :) ASMOKE AS500N. Hibachi.:bbq:

• Don't put it in the bin.

Nice suggestion but it's too late......maybe next year. ;(

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!