• I'm working on it ;)
    They demolish my Buffalo wings but that's about it.

Can't beat some good hot wings! They're always a favourite when I throw get togethers. Even my mum who hates spicy food tried to eat them :D

my whole life was never a fan of chili, but since I married my Asian wife, and she gave me bit by bit I Really like a chili hit now, she makes chili oil which kicks like a mule but is really nice in Pho Vietnamese beef or chicken soup

Ha! It's the opposite of me nearly! My girlfriend is Asian too but she's from Japan... They don't go too crazy with the spice there :P

• That looks perfect Muppet....i for one have learnt something with the esky trick.....what a saviour.....im doing a 2.7kg in the webber tomorrow.
    Hoping to eat between 1900 - 2100, i was thinking starting at 0800.....what do you think Muppet? Or anyone else? I've only some it 3 times before and each time the times seem to be well different.....But that's cause of the size of the shoulder

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• That looks perfect Muppet....i for one have learnt something with the esky trick.....what a saviour.....im doing a 2.7kg in the webber tomorrow.
    Hoping to eat between 1900 - 2100, i was thinking starting at 0800.....what do you think Muppet? Or anyone else? I've only some it 3 times before and each time the times seem to be well different.....But that's cause of the size of the shoulder

what temp?
    I cooked 2 boneless shoulders on Bathurst, similar size in the Weber with a snake, started 10am at 250F and were easily done at 6pm. There's a rough timeline, start at 8am and park.

• On looking at the photos my Bathurst cook looks smaller than 3kg. With your timeline I would get it in at 8am (I mean in with the cue already hot) and 250F
    Worse comes to worse you can reheat, If they arnt done there's not much you can do. Pretty confident 3kg at 250F you will be fine in that time. Let me know how you go

I tend to start my shoulders as early as possible. They will sit happily for hours in the esky if they are done ahead of time but the guests won't be so happy if they have to wait hours to eat :P

In saying that I normally get the meat on between 7am and 8am (up earlier to get the fire going) and tend to have it done within 10 hours or so. The one time you try to time it perfect though it will decide to stall for longer guaranteed haha

• I agree with that. Start early. And if you are looking like running out of time near the end foil it, add water or apple juice and keep cooking. It won't take long once you do that.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!