Aussie BBQ Heroes - starts this Wed Channel 7

• Why do I get a feeling this could be a car crash in the making?

I'll still probably tune in though at least for the first episode. Anyone else thinking of watching?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I think it's a great idea, you just need to look at it from general Joe publics eyes.
    From what I've read a lot of thought has been put in to win the publics interest and from there move forward with more low and slow types of shows.
    You just need to see it as a first step towards main stream interest.
    The BBQ buisness in Aus could gain great momentum if it is done well.

• I really hate that form of Non-Reality Competition television.

I'll watch the first one to confirm my suspicions, but the review in the paper was talking about one of the bossy contestants, so that says it's the same old sensationalised crap!

Like the way they sensationalised the Yoder cookers on Master Chef which was a complete distortion of what actually took place that day. Particularly the fire in the pit incident, and running out of pellets. They want ratings, drama and call it entertainment, and have no interest in promoting anything to do with BBQ.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• I but the review in the paper was talking about one of the bossy contestants, so that says it's the same old sensationalised crap!

I heard the TV reviewer on the radio describe it as a low budget My Kitchen Rules. Channel 7 definitely go after people's personalities and not just the actual cooking which I find a bit annoying. The original Masterchef was all about the cooking, then they had a series where they tried to bring in people based on personalities and the special story you had to have about the tragedy of your dog having too many fleas and how that helped you grow as a person. Ratings have never been as good.

Why can't they make something without all the cr@p.

Hope it does go well though, more people getting into low and slow, more pellets sold, price comes down.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

I'll watch the first one to confirm my suspicions, but the review in the paper was talking about one of the bossy contestants, so that says it's the same old sensationalised crap!

I have a feeling you are 100% correct... All of these shows before have been pushed that way.
    I can't help think about the Jess Pryles factor though... That girl is very passionate and not backwards in coming forwards!!!
    She's given me a blast over bugger all before :D
    We will see shortly

• Jess has already distanced herself from it being all about low and slow or teaching Joe public too much about real BBQ. She said she's just a judge and has no real input into the show itself. The team intros were enough to put me off to be honest - hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weber Kettle, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber Performer Gold, Yoder YS640, Weber Family Q, Weber Q2200, building an offset as soon I get out of BBQ rehab :D

• Thought I'd do a quick read on it and found this, there could be hope for this show yet? I guess if it's aimed more at blokes they've hopefully realised we couldn't give a stuff about the 'journey':

Channel Seven says Aussie Barbecue Heroes is more of a cooking demonstration than a reality show, much less involved with the "journey" of characters than My Kitchen Rules.

• I'm all for it and I hope it succeeds, journeys or not.
    Whatever the content, you'll see BBQ on TV! No snags will be harmed in the making and Joe public will be exposed to a variety of cooking methods. For all the comments about Masterchef, you have to admit that these shows help to expand and explore the huge range of culinary experiences and enrich our food culture overall. As an example, lots of new ingredients have become available since and because of MC.
    Will I watch? Maybe. I rarely watch TV these days... Hopefully I can remember to record it.

• I will give it run, if it gets more people firing up their bbq's/grills all the better.
    If it showcases some of the things that led me to buy the DB and experiment with rubs and gets people in the butchers asking for cuts of meat & ribs that are hard to get now, brilliant!!

• Didn't realize it was on tonight. I guess we'll all be back here about 90 minutes from now.
    :)
    Ahhh crap. It's on ch 7 and highway patrol is on at the same time on 7mate.
    I love watching bogans getting tickets.

GMG DB, small Weber kettle. That's it. It's all I have left now. ;(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!