Should I buy a Weber Kettle?

• Hi

Weber certainly didn't start home bbq, this had been going for ever. What I think it did do is bring this weird way of cooking to many, many more people. As mentioned above, one machine can do pretty much everything, and once you get keen on one part of it you buy something else. Eg get keen on charcoal grill - Cyprus style grill, get keen on low and slow - offset/kamado etc.

Lets play homage to the guru.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Bravo 12x7.

That was an insightful read. My father bought me up on the webber and all his porko mates, to me its pure nostalgia.

It is a product that truly does not need to prove itself year after year. ...it gives any novice the perfect leap into all techniques of bbq. Grilling, baking, low & slow, smoking.

You can spread your wings from there, or not.

It's an awesome present to give to a mate, even better one you got from a verge collection and blown the cobwebs off and attached a huge bow.

I know I WILL be judging relentlessly my daughters knight of shining armour if he does not cook in one of these when she's at that age. Says alot about a man.

Oh...I hear the pork category in Smoking In The City 2016 was taken out by a Webber ;)

To Webber, I tip my forty to you homie 8)

• Great read, I started on a Webber that my father inlaw gave me after a few years I bought a offset then after a couple more years I sold the offset and got a pellet grill but I still use the Webber just as much, I only cook steak in there it does the best pork crackle and you can't beat a chook cooked in a Webber weather it's a whole chook or my favourite chicken wings rubbed with mad hunkey hot wang I think every barbaquer should own a Webber

• Used to hope my Outdoorchef would rust out so I could buy a weber kettle but the little euro is still in top nick after a lot of cooks and is just as versatile. I often refer to it as my "kettle'" lol. Brand envy much ....

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

Weber Q3200, Weber Original Premium Kettle

• Official Post

Used to hope my Outdoorchef would rust out so I could buy a weber kettle but the little euro is still in top nick after a lot of cooks and is just as versatile. I often refer to it as my "kettle'" lol. Brand envy much ....

I've got one of those, I think it's a great kettle!

• It certainly cooks well, just a brand snob haha. Doesn't owe me anything, bought it with flybys vouchers back in the day when you could cash them in for Bunnings vouchers

Weber Q3200, Weber Original Premium Kettle

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!