• Yesterday I treated myself to a couple of overly expensive products. One was a hickory smoked salt and the other a Moroccan spice paste.

For tonights dinner I wanted to try these and used brined chicken thighs for the flavour experiment to see which I liked better.
    The brine was SmokingJ's Oakridge gamechanger brine mix. Instead of water I used milk and I think that worked quite well.
    After the brining, I made two batches of thighs, the first using the hickory salt and the second using Moroccan spice.

For sides I cooked a focaccia, some spicy corn and baby capsicum.

Everything was cooked in the GMG Daniel Boone.
    I love spreading the capsicums on top of the focaccia, really nice combo that could possibly use some chilli.
    The chicken was juicy. Both had nice flavours, but of the two I clearly preferred the tangy flavours of the Moroccan. That is a very nice paste that I look forward to using again.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!