Vote for the "The Most Challenging Chucky"

• "Chuck" in your 2 faves for the most Challenging Chuck. 11

1. Wazzas 36 hour sous vide chuck steak (6) 55%
    2. Alimacs Beef and Mushroom Pie (4) 36%
    3. Alimacs Leftover chuck, turned into nachos! (3) 27%
    4. Beachbums Pulled chuck on lettuce wraps (3) 27%
    5. VikingBBQ's Chucky cubed up with shallots, garlic, mushrooms, potatoe, red wine and Guinness (2) 18%
    6. SilentBobs Chucky Pizza (1) 9%
    7. Muppets Chuck over Texas and Redgum (1) 9%
    8. NarmNalegs Focaccia sandwich with chuck and hollandai (1) 9%
    9. Muppets Pulled Beef Quesadillas (0) 0%
    10. Alimacs Wraps (0) 0%

Hi all, Thanks to everyone that had a play with a chunk of chuck and popped up a pic.
    I'm sure everyone enjoyed looking at the tasty food that was presented and what a range of styles on the finished dishes. Quite a ways from traditional pulled meat.

Time to work out a winner in our Chucky Challenge.
    For those that haven't voted in a poll before it will be open for a week and you have 2 votes to cast for your favourite entries.
    Once the Poll closes the person with the most votes will be declared "King Chuck" :) well not really but you get the drift.
    I'm not sure that TapaTalk works with Polls yet so you may have to use a laptop etc to vote.

I've put a pic of the finished dishes in this thread but it's certainly worth a look over here at the full entries pics and descriptions. The CHUCKY CHALLENGE

1 -- SilentBobs Chucky Pizza Used some of the leftovers tonight on a pizza.
    Dock me points for using a store bought pizza but this made it sooo much better than it would have been.
    I still have some home made mayo from yesterday so made a sriracha mayo to drizzle over the top.
    Just added hot sauce to taste and cut it a bit with some apple cider vinegar to give it a little more tang.

2 -- Muppets Chuck over Texas and Redgum, SGP rub pulled with a home made 'mother sauce'
    Into a fresh roll with lettuce, tomato, cheddar whole egg mayo and Sriracha sauce

3 -- Muppets Pulled Beef Quesadillas.

So a group effort between Poppy and myself we have Pulled Beef Quesadillas.
    The pulled Chuck with onion and Redfried beans (little gun shy of Mexican spice) a 50/50 mix of aged chili lime cheddar and semi mature cheddar,
    with a coriander lime sour cream dressing and some colorful stuff for garnish.

4 -- Alimacs Then made into a wrap with sriracha, jalapeños, and drizzled with some of the saved juices

5 -- NarmNalegs Focaccia sandwich with chuck and hollandaise:

6 -- Alimacs Leftover chuck, turned into nachos!
    Nacho chips, cheese, chuck with sriracha and cheese, yoghurt and jalapeños, more cheese:

7 -- Waazas 36 hour sous vide chuck steak, seared seriously hot, with a smoked mushroom sauce.

8 -- Alimacs Last bit of chuck tonight and I decided to make a beef and mushroom pie:.
    Puff pastry, onion rings and some steamed veggies a happy ending to a great piece of meat!

9 -- VikingBBQ's Chucky cubed up with shallots, garlic, mushrooms, potatoe, red wine and Guinness
    back in for 3 hours. Served up with homemade rolls and suet dumplings

10 -- Beachbums We put some of the pulled meat onto lettuce leaves with a few cherry tomatoes and some more Kalbi sauce.

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• Wow, putting them all together like that made voting really tough.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Can we change the number of votes, I need 10 ! ?(

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Woo Hoo

Thanks for the votes guys, and thanks for the comp.

Call me King Chucka :D (now I'm off to conquer Africa, although his name may have been King Shaka - my knowledge of African history is a bit hazy, water buffalo chuck steak anyone?)

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Well done to the chucky champ and all who entered. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• how did i miss this

For our next comp we'll try and post it as an announcement so that it appears on the dashboard and remains more prominent for the duration. It seemed to get lost in the many threads otherwise which is probably why many people didn't vote.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!