• As we were going to use the Hark to cook a leg of lamb I dragged a small brisket out of the freezer. I'd bought 2 and the first one I cooked up was very ordinary. For this one we just gave it a spray of EVO and a healthy dose of Morrocan rub from a bulk bin in Kakulas. It went in the smoker for a couple of hours on hickory and got a serve of olive smoke when the lamb went in 4 hours later. Both cooked at around 225f To get room for the leg and the brisket we had to set water bowl on top of the smoker box. By putting a tray on top of the water bowl we could still fit the brisket in. I think that by being directly above the water bowl the brisket got a good steam bath as well a s a bit of lamb drippings. It stalled around 160f for ages so it was wrapped with a good slurp of a Korean BBQ sauce for the last couple of hours. Total cook time was 9 hours and it came off at around 185f which is a little low perhaps?

But the TASTE was sensational! As we unwrapped it there was a beautiful gooey bbqy ooze in the bottom of the foil that was just spot on. The meat sliced well and disappeared as soon as it was cut.

To give you an idea of the smallness of the brisket it's sitting under a 3.3kg leg of lamb

Here it is during the cook.

After unwrapping, what a surprise! Moist, tender and tasty

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• Looks good!

Spudshed have some small cuts of brisket which I've been contemplating giving a crack in the Tri-Fire. Would be a good size when only cooking for 2

Hiya Josh, this was a Spudshed one and they're a good size to feed 2 people.

Cheers, Wayne

• I've done quite a few of the spudshed ones in the Weber. Feeds me, the Mrs and the 2 year old.

They obviously aren't the top shelf ticket items, but, still can get them turning out very, very tasty.

Definitely worth a look IMO, especially when most of them are $10-15...

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!