Charcoal Kamado fish & Japanese Rub

• A quick and easy mid week meal in the kamado is fish. Tonight I cooked some snapper fillets which we rubbed with our favourite Japanese style rub made by a local girl from Upwey (outer Melbourne) who sells online and at the local markets. I can't recommend her products highly enough.
    I fired up a small amount of fuel in the kamado, having the coals to one side so I can move the fish away if needed.
    Kamado Fish
    The fish goes on direct, but there's room to move it away if needed.
    IMG_1585
    This is the most important step....the beer goes on the fold down table on the left hand side. This allows the right right to be free to raise the lid. (Left handed cooks may use the reverse method).
    IMG_1586
    The fish should only take about 15 minutes or one stubby, depending on how the fire is and with the lid closed in this case (as it should be for the cook) the pit was reading around 130c and it took around that time.
    Served with some cauliflower mash and asparagus
    IMG_1588
    The rub is this one.....
    IMG_1580

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Sure does. We have stocks of most sauces too. We pick it up from her home, lovely people to deal with.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Lovely!
    I think ill have to have a look at those rubs. Japanese is definitely one of my favorites.

Well worth it Nath, she makes great stuff. The sauces are amazing and it's all done from home. She also does Japanese cooking classes which I'm sending the other half to.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!