Christmas / New Year Fun Challenge - Cobs

• Is it Ok to post as we create? Or is this thread just for finished product?

I am gonna do it anyway, mods, if this is just for finished product, just delete this and I will post when I have the finished product!

This will be the 1st time I have ever baked a Cob loaf...

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Edited once, last by Bentley Meredith (December 26, 2015 at 5:59 AM).

• Have not done it yet, I vac sealed the bread. Will work on the dip for NY day...this coming week...I think I will go with my clam, cream cheese and sour cream dip...

Looking forward to seeing pics, clams sound yum.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Well I was given a cheese making kit for Christmas, am now thinking of making some home made mascarpone for the cob challenge, also need to see if there are any yabbies left in the lake, an idea is forming.

Love this type of challenge where you can just give something a crack.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Hi

I wimped out and didn't go for the cob challenge. I decided to do some large sourdough rolls and I plan to pull the middle out of one and fill it with prawns (left over from Xmas) in some type of prawn cocktail mixture. Some smaller rolls to use up the rest of the dough.

I must get a decent recipe for chowder and make some cob style, bread bowls to fill up.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Pulled the nets out of the lake, seems the local druggy pricks from town have stripped it, didn't get one, sad thing is only a few years ago they were size of king prawns. The neighbors have seen them hanging around on the road near by but never spotted them on the property.

Been going on for a few years now and they seem to have worked out mum and dad are now taking retirement trips and my brother and I spend far less time up there.

Would love to be able to catch them and use them as yabbie bait, if only we had any yabbies left.

Not wanting to give up have asked the neighbors if they have any and seems they have been stripped too. Does not look like my yabbie filling is going to happen I'm afraid .

• Just pulled the net again and 1 decent sized one in there. The lake is huge at the moment so where we chuck the net out to is normally not under water, no way you could throw one far enough to get into the deep bit where I normally catch them, so I'm going to send the kids out on the kyaks and drop them into the deep section.

There could be hope for my yabbie cob yet. No way the local ferrel poachers could get out to the deep bit either, so here's hoping.

• I wimped out and didn't go for the cob challenge. I decided to do some large sourdough rolls and I plan to pull the middle out of one and fill it with prawns (left over from Xmas) in some type of prawn cocktail mixture.

Hi

I ended up having a go at this. It turned out pretty good. Just some banana prawns, lettuce and homemade seafood sauce (mayo, tomato sauce, chipotle tabasco, Louisiana hot sauce and black pepper. Bread bowl 2/3 white flour, 1/6 wholemeal, 1/6 rye - all sourdough.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!