Christmas / New Year Fun Challenge - Cobs

• My effort yesterday, cob filled with sour cream, philly,onion,prawn meat,a bit of seafood extender and sweet chilli sauce baked in Darth Griller (black baby Q)

Royal Kamado, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber Baby Q, Weber OTP,Weber Jumbo Joe, Dragon Hibachi, Auspit, Multikai + a couple of portables.

• Thanks BBQ Smoke
    Went down well for a first effort

No death griller, just Darth

Black Weber Baby Q
    been getting a workout with no oven and fire ban days.
    Stewie

Royal Kamado, GMG Daniel Boone, Weber Baby Q, Weber OTP,Weber Jumbo Joe, Dragon Hibachi, Auspit, Multikai + a couple of portables.

• I would probably wanna go Southwestern if I was using chicken. I would use shredded chicken. Would go something like this:

1 Can black beans Half mash, half whole.
    1 Can Whole Corn
    1 Small Can Hatch Green Chili/diced.
    1 Small Spanish Onion very Finely diced
    1 TBS Cilantro
    1 Tea Garlic powder
    1/2 Cup Finely diced Mango

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

• Hi

Thanks for that. I will give it a go. Can't eat mango (allergic) but can put the other stuff together. I don't know what hatch green chilli is, but I suppose I just use any green chilli.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• Well looks like my cob will be tomorrow night now. The home made mascarpone actually turned out pretty well, and the cob has just come out of the oven.

Here's the cob.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• They ate my cob. I even cooked two to keep the hoards away from my challenge loaf, but alas. :/

I still want to use the mascarpone so might have to pick up a store bought one.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Try this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi

I finally got around to making a cob (or 2). These were like my normal bread, all sourdough, 2/3 white flour, 1/6 wholemeal and 1/6 rye flour (being the flour in the starter).

Got them out just before they were cooked so I could put them back with the filling later.

Try this:

Made the filling around the recipe video put in by UG above, but I added chilli flakes, garlic and oregano to the onion capsicum mix. Also, instead of the flat iron steak I cooked a Harvey lightly marinated striploin (from Coles) in the Go Anywhere with charcoal and a couple of Banksia nuts. First time I have smoked with the nuts and was very impressed.

I didn't have the cheese they used so I just put in the philly cheese, some Coon cheese that I had previously smoked and some normal tasty cheddar. Cooked the filling for 10 minutes in the oven then put it in the cobbs, topped with some tomatoes that have self sown in the garden and put it back in the oven for a further 10 minutes to firm up the bread. Put EVO and garlic salt on the bread pulled out from the middle and put this in the Oven for 10 minutes as well.

Came out OK. My daughter suggested a small squeeze of lemon or lime on the top when serving might have added something. I will try next time.

TA

Grant from Grass Valley

y

Weber Magnum, Old Weber Kettle, Weber Kettle with gas fitting, Weber Q320, Weber Go Anywhere, Akorn, Giotto ECM[size=12]

• I finally got mine up. A loaf from coles in the end as I gave up trying to use one of my own loaves for fear of it being taken too with a knife again. Cob, with home made mascapone, cream cheese, camembert, bacon and chorizo. Smoked in the bbq before putting in the cob and in the oven.

Took mine and the neighbors kids a fraction of the time it took me to put it together to destroy it. I added a bit of salt and pepper, should have left the salt out.

• Agree, was great fun seeing what was put up, I think these cobs may become more regular at my place.

It was actually your idea originally , I just ran with it. Can't wait to see what comes out of a throw away line from a fairly tame conversation next like this one did.

I guess being a non voting thread it will always remain open, so if anyone does do a cob in the furure, feel free to post it up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!