Brined Pork Leg - advice needed

• Brined Pork Leg - advice needed

Guys, each year for the family Xmas lunch, I cook a brined pork leg, slowly at around 150c. I add some smoke too, usually applewood. I picked up the brined leg today (I get the butcher to do it) and it's in a cryovac pack and still has a bit of the brine in with it so it's quite moist/wet. I'm going to cook it in the kamado tomorrow and I'm wondering if it might be better for smoke adhesion if I take it out of the pack tonight, pat it dry and leave it uncovered in the fridge overnight. Or do i just leave it in the pack and pat it dry tomorrow and cook. In the past, that's what I've done but it wasn't usually vac sealed like this one is. Any thoughts ?
      Royal Kamado - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle BBQ - QMaster Senior Controller
    • Chris would be the best for advice but for cold smoking I would try to create a pelicle, let it dry overnight. I can't see why you wouldn't want it dryish for a slow hot cook.

You can always spritz it if it's not looking right
      Baby Steps...
      Saffire Kamado, Weber Q2200, Weber OTS 57, Performer 46, Cyprus Grill, Hibachi Dragon... So far...
    • OK, will have to check the stocks of brandy, not much use for it here other than on top of the Xmas pudding.
      Royal Kamado - Weber Kettle - GMG Davy Crockett - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle BBQ - QMaster Senior Controller
    • Urban Griller wrote:

Gumb wrote:

OK, will have to check the stocks of brandy, not much use for it here other than on top of the Xmas pudding.
      Use Rum instead! :)
      Ok Chris used your advice and ran out of Brandy tested it before and then used rum because I was not sure if further testing was required and I was getting sleepy
      Gasser Webber Q, Kamado Joe clasic, Dragon & Acorn, Webber Kettle, Fire Pit, Beer Keg smoker/cooker.