Come and vote for the "Fowl Food Challenge"

• Which are your 2 favourite birds? 19

1. Muppets Chinese Roti Duck (4) 21%
    2. Bentleys Southern Fried Chicken (7) 37%
    3. SilentBobs Assam Duck (1) 5%
    4. Wazzas Traeger Chicken (1) 5%
    5. Beachbums Spicy Roast Duck (3) 16%
    6. Grant Grass Valleys Duck with orange juice and garlic (0) 0%
    7. Wazzas Traeger Smoked roast Duck served on Paris mash potatos, green beans with a black cherry glaze (5) 26%
    8. BBQ Smokes BBQ'd Bird (3) 16%
    9. Smokeys Ballotine chicken with broth cooked brown rice & black current stuffing (11) 58%
    10. Muppets Jose Silva's Piri Piri Chicken on the charcoal roti (3) 16%
    • Hi All, Thanks to everyone that joined in to have a bit of fun in our "FOWL FOOD Challenge " hope you all had fun with it.

Voting will be open for a week so it's time to cast your votes for your 2 favourites. I have displayed the final pic of each dish so please duck over here ( see what I did there? ) The "FOWL FOOD CHALLENGE" brought to you by Wazza and have a look at the full posts so you get a good idea of the dishes.

The aim of this Challenge was to push yourself into doing something new. It could be your first try at brining a chook or using a spit etc.
      For some of us that jumped on the $11 ducks it was a chance to work out how to BBQ one.
      The entry with the most votes will receive one of our Smoke Fire and Food Stubby Holders.

Cheers, Wayne

• 1 - Muppets Chinese Roti Duck

Served chopped into chunks on top of a bed of fried rice with a Chinese Lemon sauce.

2 - Bentleys Southern Fried Chicken in good Ole Virginia Peanut oil!

3 - SilentBobs Assam tea leaves and Chinese five spice duck

4 - Wazzas Traeger 'Southern fried Chicken'

5 - Beachbums Spicy Roast Duck

6 - Grant Grass Valleys Duck with orange juice and garlic.

7 - Wazzas Traeger Smoked roast Duck served on Paris mash potatos, green beans with a black cherry glaze.

8 - BBQ Smokes BBQ'd Bird

9 - Smokeys Ballotine chicken with broth cooked brown rice & black current stuffing.

10 - Muppets Jose Silva's Piri Piri Chicken on the charcoal roti

BBQ Junkster

I just did a weeks worth of cardio after walking into a spiderweb

• That was quite difficult, a couple of others I really wanted to vote for as well.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• And the winner is.....................

Smokey with his Ballotine Chicken! Well done Mick. Congrats to our runner up Bentley and his Southern Fried Chicken.
    And of course a big thankyou to everyone that joined and had some fun cooking and voting for their faves.

Mick if you flip me a Conversation with your mailing address we'll get that prize of a shiny new SMOKEFIREANDFOOD stubby holder winging your way.

Cheers, Wayne

• Nice to see Mick didn't vote for himself either. :thumbup:

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Well done smokey. I'm more than happy to hand my trophy over to such a yummy looking dish.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• I'm not ashamed to say I voted for my own dish

I've done that too, in another place. :)

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Thanks SFF Members, I also didn't explain, I've done this before but what was "New" Was the brown rice stuffing. That was really all I was thinking about.
    Here is what I did in a little more detail.
    Boiled half a cup Brown rice in a salty chicken broth (Chicken soup salty) - Strain
    Added some home made sage/chicken rub
    Added a handful of black currents.

I wanted it to somewhat "Set" when cooked so I added some continental wheat flour which is more course than your normal flour, A bit like fine polenta. I could have used polenta.

It set exactly what I was looking for, Not gummy like fine flour would have done.

Re voting for oneself, Ive done that before on another forum but only if I had two votes. Even then I lost interest in doing so as it became more about encouragement for me. I get more kick out of encouraging than winning.

Ill have a think about the next comp, It will be a challenge but not impossible 8o

• Thanks for sharing that with us all Mick and you have a shiny new trophy too :)

Let me know what you have in mind for a Challenge and we'll get it happening. With Australia Day coming up there will be one posted shortly for it and we can slot yours in after that?

Cheers, Wayne

• My challenge ,, For later
    Is the humble spud.
    Must be cooked on a bbq, Any part of the spud.
    Can have extra ingredients or meats involved but potato in any form must be the main star of the dish.
    I'm Looking for potato excellence here. :D
    I've left it quite open so put your thinking caps on :yum)

Is the humble spud.
    Can have extra ingredients or meats involved but potato in any form must be the main star of the dish.

Love it. Great heads up too. Sounds like we have the Australia day one then this one, so lots of time for people to work out what they want to do.

And on a personnel note (hope you don't mind me putting this in here), I get to keep a little trophy, it's now gold coloured, but it's there, so smokey enjoy your big one while it's there, but you will always have a little one to remind you of the time in your past when you had a big one.... 8o

Is the humble spud.

A great idea for a Challenge Mick. Should get people thinking outside the square, I like it!

I'll queue it for after the Australia Day Challenge. (which I'll try to get posted up today) If anyone else has ideas for Challenges please flip them over to me and I'll try to slot them in amongst the ones that we have planned.

Cheers, Wayne

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!