Tomato Focaccia - Deep pan pizza

• Lately I've been making some tomato/cheese focaccias. I felt like experimenting with the dough, so I increased the hydration and changed a couple of things.
    I'm posting this recipe because the result was very worthy and others might have some input to make it even better. The outcome of this was a crunchy base, melt in your mouth tender middle and simple but very yummy topping.

Quantities:
    - 800ml Caputo flour
    - 600ml water (75% Hydration)
    - 30ml EVOO
    - 30gm salt
    - 7gm dry yeast
    Place the flour in a bowl. Mix the yeast in the water (water temp at 35c).
    Mix half the salt with the flour, the other half in the water, then quickly pour the water in the flour and knead.
    Dough will be very sticky, but knead anyway for a minute. Then add the EVOO and knead for 2 more minutes.
    Let the dough sit in the bowl, covered by glad wrap or a tea towel, for 1 hour.
    Generously oil a pan.
    Pick up the very wet dough and carefully dump it in the pan. Stretch it using your knuckles. Oil your hands if it's too sticky.
    It won't stretch out to fill the whole pan, but fear not as it will expand while proving.
    Leave the dough in the pan overnight at room temp, covered by glad wrap.

The dough should have grown and be bubbly. Be gentle with it.
    Cover with raw plain tomato puree. I also added some Cholula for a bit of flavour and kick.
    Salt liberally.
    Add the cheese (I used shredded bocconcini that I squeezed moisture out of).
    Into the oven at 200c for approximately 30 minutes (I used the Daniel Boone Pellet BBQ).

Use a flat implement to unstick and place onto a wire rack to let it breathe for a couple of minutes.
    Get stuck in.

Masterbuilt Gravity 800 | Maximus Pizza Oven | GMG - Daniel Boone | Cyprus Grill | Big Steel Keg | Blackstone Griddle | Fire Pit | Weber Genesis |

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!