Reheating Yes or NO ?

• I am trying to make my Sunday Lunch party for 30 people easier for my self, by cooking my Brisket and Lamb shoulder the day before, and then reheating good idea or not ?
    I can go over night and rest in the eski for 4--5 hours but a good night sleep would be nice to, If the flavor of me meat being reheated will still be great, would you do it ?
    And if Re heating what is the best way to go, in the oven or back in to the Pro Q ? Thanks in advance for your thoughts

ProQ Excel Elite2o<---> Weber Kettle<---> AKORN KAMADO<--->  WEBER GO ANYWHERE

• Reheat is definitely no problem. I do it for larger gatherings or things like Xmas lunch when i don't want to be distracted on the day by having to watch the BBQ or try and time the cook to perfection. Many parties have been ruined becasue the meat wasn't done in time. I find the flavour is even better the next day (ever tried eating left over beef or pork in a good bread roll the next day ? It's always a stronger flavour).

I find the microwave the best and easiest way to reheat. I leave the meat intact after cooking, let it cool slowly, then in to the fridge overnight, slice up the next day and reheat gently covered in cling wrap in the microwave on about half power. Put it in for a few minutes, give it a 'stir' and put it in again, repeating until it's all hot. You'll find the fats and juices baste it during this and it comes out moist and tender. It can all be done quickly so you can enjoy the party.

Doing it in the smoker risks drying it out too much in my view.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• Yep, Microwave works. If you have a Vac sealer, just heat the bags in hot water. Caterers will reheat cooked product in the smoker, I do that with beef ribs....two in a pack, so I cook both, eat one and freeze the other to be reheated in the smoker later....works really well, in fact I think the reheated has a more matured taste!

Regards
    Chris

• I'm a big fan of reheating for a crowd. I cook them the day before, foil and esky for a few hours then into the fridge.

Next day into a 65-70 degree oven and let it slowly come up to temp. As they are foiled and well below 100 degrees no moisture loss.

Carve, serve, enjoy. Reheating takes all the stress on the day away and the meat is simply sitting there ready waiting for you.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• One of the best pit masters cooks vac seals fridge then on the bbq again working off the idea taste better the next day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, not only does that take all the stress out....but like a curry, it's better the next day, even better the day after!

• For the microwave stuff... Not sure if it makes much of a difference but I've been putting a little cup of water in when I've been reheating stuff lately and I think it helps keep things moist.

Last time I did beef ribs I re-heated some leftover in the oven inside for about 20 minutes as I was using it to cook my dinner (the leftover rib was the girlfriend's from the night before) and that worked a treat as well. So oven, microwave or back on the smoker, they all work :)

• For the microwave stuff... Not sure if it makes much of a difference but I've been putting a little cup of water in when I've been reheating stuff lately and I think it helps keep things moist.

Last time I did beef ribs I re-heated some leftover in the oven inside for about 20 minutes as I was using it to cook my dinner (the leftover rib was the girlfriend's from the night before) and that worked a treat as well. So oven, microwave or back on the smoker, they all work :)

I keep all the daggy off-cuts fat bone etc in the freezer, when I have enough I boil then down with some roasted chicken frames, that gives me a smoky, meaty jelly that I then freeze in a cube tray....you can add that to any BBQ for an instant hit of moisture and flavour!

• so if reheating a pulled pork to be eaten by a crowd, would you pull it first or leave it whole?

For just me and the wife I've always pulled and bagged to portions and reheated in water with the sous vide.

Broil King Keg 5000 | Weber Q100 | GMG DC

• I pulled it first. I think brisket or chuck could be kept whole overnight and then sliced cold and reheated but pork I'd pull it apart while it's nice and hot, then vac seal.

Big Green Egg - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Weber Kettle - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - baby kamado - Grillz 2 burner - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle Spit - Charbroil Grill2go - Anova sous vide - Digi Q controller - plus Tip Top Temp - Smokeware cap - Grill Grates

• so if reheating a pulled pork to be eaten by a crowd, would you pull it first or leave it whole?

For just me and the wife I've always pulled and bagged to portions and reheated in water with the sous vide.

I posted this question elsewere a while ago and consensus was a whole muscle would lose less moisture during reheating, makes sense as there is far less surface area for moisture to escape.

I did it this way first time, worked really well so haven't tried pulling first just stuck with what worked.

Your smaller bags heated sous vide are obviously different, but for a croud, reheat in the oven at 65 to 70 early morning, by lunch time its up to temp so pull and serve.

Not saying pulling first won't work, just sharing whats worked for me. Although, if you were to pull it all, vac seal then sous vide, no reason a bigger bag wouldn't work too, how much sous vide space do you have?

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - Jumbuck Pizza Oven - Go Anywhere - Asmoke Pellet Grill - Hibachi Grill - Anova Sous Vide x 2

• Adding to the above answers for the meat sliced before leaving over night, lay out on a tray and when reheating spritz will a little water and apple juice/cider vinegar just adds a little different fresh taste.
    The smokey BBQ flavour develops and broadens from what I have tried.
    Pulled pork always ends up in a glass bowl and easy to reheat with alfoil or glad wrap. The kids have it down to perfection they just grab a ramekin full microwave and bun and coleslaw, that's what they had for Xmas breakfast before they woke us up last year.

Gasser Webber Q, Kamado Joe clasic, Dragon & Acorn, Webber Kettle, Fire Pit, Beer Keg smoker/cooker.

• I just found the link I was talking about hope this helps.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!