GMG Daniel boon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nath wrote:

:) they're perfect for it

Nath
      Oh no, don't tell me that :( I've got 7 BBQs already and number 8 would not go down well.......hmmmmm, could sell something to make room maybe. :rolleyes:
      Royal Kamado - Weber Kettle - Weber Q220 - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle BBQ - QMaster Senior Controller
    • Narm Naleg wrote:

Gumb wrote:

I've got 7 BBQs already and number 8 would not go down well.......hmmmmm, could sell something to make room maybe.
      I think Hughesie needs a Hibachi! :D
      hahah, selling too much to him will send me bankrupt ! Who do you think paid for his BGE ? :D
      Royal Kamado - Weber Kettle - Weber Q220 - Maximus Pizza Oven - Dragon Hibachi - Ziggy Portable - Cobb BBQ - Converted Gas Bottle BBQ - QMaster Senior Controller
    • Beachbums wrote:

Seems 4wds and camping is something a few of us are into. Jan and I do a fair bit.

Cheers, Wayne
      Add us to that list as well. My parents recently upgraded their camper trailer (this one has a shower and a toilet), and kindly donated their old offroad camper to us. The kids love it.

Back on topic.

My brother got a GMG DC, and that's how I got into pellets, and I managed to pick up a second hand Traeger from Urbangriller. If I was buying new right now I would go for a GMG wifi simply for the controller and programmes you can run.

Having said that, I'm not getting rid of the Traeger anytime soon. Love it, does everything I want.

Traeger - Weber Family Q - Ziggy Twin Burner - Charcoal Grill - Akorn Kamado - Hark Tri Fire - (reserved for future wood fired pizza oven)
    • Was at a winery sampling it's wares and chatting to the owner, he raved about this pellet grill he had and how tasty his grilled meals were with his Shiraz to compliment.
      Got home and googled pellet grills Aus. After a trawl through the pro's and cons of the options available, the GMG range best suited. The Daniel Boon as the mid sized seemed more than adequate for my needs and was purchased via Chris (Urban Griller), could not be happier. Re-sparked my enthusiasm for outdoor cooking. The wife has reduced her cooking duties and loves the grilled meats the DB provides, so for her a win win!
      I had only ever cooked basic steak and snags fare previously on the Q, so the recipe pages full of rubs, bastes, brines and sauces have opened up a whole new and tasty world.
      Nothing to compare the GMG to other than gas, but can highly recommend the GMG DB :thumbsup:
    • If you are a Meatloaf fan, I highly recommend you cook one with 100% Hardwood...I think you will enjoy it! But then you will need mashed potato's with gravy and creamed green peas!
      What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."